Decadron is another tool from the group of glucocorticosteroids. The basis of this drug – substance dexamethasone, which is in the form of self-medication. In addition, drops and an antibacterial component included neomycin (and other forms of tablets and solutions for injection – it’s not).
The properties of this drug is an anti-inflammatory. This effect causes a hormonal dexamethasone.
Decadron is used for.
- Bronchial asthma;
- Rheumatoid arthritis;
- Skin lesions, including allergic nature;
- Ulcerative colitis in the acute form;
- Lupus erythematosus;
- Malignant health disorders.
- Acute conditions, e.g., anaphylactic shock, pemphigus, swelling of the brain, spasm of the bronchi.
- Inflammations and bacterial infections of the eye and ear, and diseases of allergic nature.
We have noted all three dosage forms: tablets, liquid, drops. Manual of the drug, describes how it is possible to apply different forms in the standard regimen. But, of course, the treatment of the specific pathology specific patient is prescribed by a physician.
Decadron is contraindicated if:
Tablets and solution.
- Infectious processes viral or fungal nature.
- Tuberculosis infection;
- Violation of the integrity of the eardrum.
Side effects and overdose Decadron.
Form of the drug for systemic use (tablets and solutions) can cause systemic adverse effects – headaches, menstrual irregularities, dizziness, high blood pressure, swelling and etc. Topically applied drops can lead to secondary infections, such as fungal defeat. Also, sometimes patients zakapyvanii drug in the eye may develop glaucoma or cataracts.
If the patient will significantly exceed this medication dosage, the above side effects may occur with greater intensity. Depending on the symptoms observed, the patient is prescribed treatment.
Reviews about Decadron.
This tool is widely used in ophthalmology and ENT-practice, with this mostly and reviews about Decadron. For example, this medication is prescribed for ear infections and inflammations of the nasopharynx. By the way, many mothers are panicking due to the use of hormonal medication for children. I must say that in the instructions to registered Decadron no relevant contraindications. That is, persons under eighteen years of age can be treated with this drug.
Practices regarding the use of Decadron for the treatment of pathologies of the eye such stories:
– I have chalazion. The doctor performed the procedure that opened it. Now I was recommended to drip drops Decadron and warm eyes. I do, but the treatment is already completed, and the pus builds up and comes out periodically – so says one patient and asks, – what to do next?
-Maybe I should continue the use of Decadron, -replies the consultant. -But of course, You should discuss this with the doctor in person. You probably even recommend ointment for eyes.
These messages should lead us to the following conclusions:
- Decadron as any other drug with dexamethasone, requires a responsible attitude and should not be used in self-treatment;
- If You notice that therapy Decadron does not bring the result or the course of treatment comes to an end, but health is not restored fully – decisions about changing the drug or continued therapy, also taken by the doctor.