Famvir in most cases does not affect the ability of the driver to drive a car or work with mechanisms.
But patients who after taking the drug feel dizziness, turbidity, drowsiness and other disorders of the Central nervous system, you need to refrain from driving and control the mechanisms after taking the drug.
Instructions for use Famvir.
Few people are aware that herpes can be in the body from the very birth, and manifest throughout life, especially in people with weak immunity.
To combat it, various drugs are used, among which Famvir is considered one of the most effective.
The drug has an active effect on the human herpes virus, cytomegalovirus and Epstein-Barr virus. In the body, the active substance, moving into an active form, blocks the formation of the DNA of the virus, and prevents its replication.
Famvir is shown in the following cases:
- Shingles, including its shape with eye complications due to Varicella zoster.
- Infection with herpes simplex virus (herpes simplex) type 1 and 2 in primary infection, during exacerbation of chronic forms, and during preventive measures.
- Infection with herpes viruses in patients with reduced immunity.
Method of application and dose Famvir.
500 mg 3 PCs Famvir is taken orally, swallowing the whole tablet, and drinking it with water. The drug is used immediately when the symptoms of the disease, and regardless of the meal. With herpes zoster and normal immune status of the patient the recommended dose for adults – 0.5 g 3 R / day. within 7 days.
This allows to reduce the duration of postherpetic neuralgia. In the acute phase of the disease to combat the cutaneous manifestations of the drug 3 R / day. 250 mg, 2 p. 500 mg or once 750 mg during the week. Low immunity is taken 500 mg 3 R / day. 10 days.
For labial and genital herpes, the following regimens are used:
- Initial infection of genital herpes – 250 mg 3 R / day. within 5 days.
- With its recurrence – 1 g 2 admission per day. 1 day, or 125 mg 2 p. per day for 5 days, as well as once 0.5 g, after which 3 doses of 250 g are taken every 12 hours.
- Recurrences of herpes labiales 1 receiving 1.5 grams or 750 mg 2 R in day.When infected with genital and labial herpes and reduced immunity take 0.5 g 2 p. per day. within 7 days.
In the prevention of exacerbations of labial herpes take 250 mg 2 p. per day. The duration of the course of admission is different, based on the severity of the disease.
In childhood, it is not recommended to use the drug, since the safety and efficacy of the drug in this age group has not been studied.
Famvir is contraindicated in the following cases:
- With high sensitivity to the drug.
- Children up to 18 years.
- In renal failure and disorders of the liver.
Pregnancy and lactation.
The safety of taking the drug during and after pregnancy has not been sufficiently studied, so its use is not recommended except if the expected benefit will be higher than the potential risk for the embryo or child.
Overdose Of Famvir.
On the overdose of the drug there is only limited information. In violation of Famvir dosage in patients with pathology of the kidney is sometimes manifested by acute renal failure. After hemodialysis, his blood concentration will drop by 75%. In overdose, supportive and symptomatic treatment is carried out.
Side effects of Famvir.
After taking Famvir, the following side effects may occur:
- Organs of hematopoiesis – cases of thrombocytopenia.
- From the digestive tract quite often-cramps in the stomach, upset, nausea, vomiting.
- From the Central nervous system – often headache and dizziness, drowsiness and confusion, very rarely-hallucinations.
- In the liver-a high concentration of bilirubin and transaminase activity, rarely-cholestatic jaundice.
- Rare phenomena of arthralgia and myalgia.
- The urinary system – rarely hypercalcemia, Gemalto uremic syndrome (high doses and reduced immunity).
- Allergic reaction-quite often itching and skin rash, less urticaria and angioedema.
- Other manifestations-increased sweating and sometimes fever.
Reviews about Famvir.
Heard from many sources about the incurability of herpes, and long ago made my peace with it, as the rash on cubes and neck periodically appeared over and over again, despite treatment of their assigned ointments and folk remedies. Famvir was another drug which I bought with hope, despite the rather high price. After three months, while the continued course of treatment, the results are quite suit me, happy.
Famvir accepted as one of the drugs in the complex therapy of herpes zoster, and the problem was solved quickly enough. Prior to that, I tried other drugs that also helped, but after them, a relapse occurred. After treatment for the second year of symptoms do not notice, and I hope that the sore will not return.